UK’s Leading Vacant Property Security Provider
Ambika Security is contracted by our clients to occupy vacant properties. We install resident caretakers to occupy empty property for the duration of the contract.
All successful caretaker applicants are trained and vetted by Ambika before occupying any property. It is important that all our caretakers understand their responsibilities, especially in relation to fire, health and safety.
Ambika values the contribution made by all staff to delivering a professional, high quality service to all its clients. We are committed to the training, learning and development of our staff, and have been recognised as Investors in People.
To be considered as a caretaker at an Ambika property all applicants must fulfil the following basic criteria;
- Caretakers must be employed
- Caretakers must be 21-years old as a minimum
- Caretakers must have a good command of English
- Caretakers must have a working mobile telephone (pay-as-you-go / monthly contract)
- Caretakers must be responsible
- Caretakers must be flexible and adaptable
- Caretakers must be ready to move at short notice
- Dependents (spouse, children etc) are not allowed at any property
- Pets are not allowed at any property
- Smoking is not allowed at any property
We accept caretaker applications from any person interested in an adventurous lifestyle. Ambika operates a waiting list for prospective caretakers. * Please note that priority is given to an applicant who is given a reference by an existing Ambika caretaker.
All applicants are required to provide the following documents and information;
- Valid Passport or UK Driving Licence
- Valid entry visa or work permit for the United Kingdom
- Completed Caretaker Application Form
- Completed Caretaker Agreement
- Police Subject Access Form – obtained from the Police
For more information on becoming an Ambika caretaker click here.
All our vacant property security caretakers undertake regular training as required. New applicants are required to attend the Basic Induction Course at our offices, which covers the main information required to be a caretaker;
- Introduction to Ambika Security Ltd
- Role of the Caretaker
- Rules, Regulations and Legal Matters
- Fire, Health & Safety Awareness
- Communication and Reporting
A small management team maintains regular operational contact with all our caretakers. Our staff are provided with a 24-hour telephone contact number in addition to our main office details.
Effective communication enables Ambika to contact the client and report all incidents and / or damage without delay.
Quarterly Newsletters are distributed to all staff, and contains information about a wide variety of subjects from Health & Safety to Paid Employment Opportunities and Operational matters.